Granola as a whole, is an expensive purchase. Because it’s generally quite a sugary cereal, I don’t often like to eat it on it’s own for breakfast. However, I do love to top my breakfast with it, so it can be annoying having to buy a big, over priced box, full of added sugars, when all I want is a healthy sprinkle over my smoothie bowl.
So, I’ve put together a super easy recipe that creates a cheaper, healthier granola that is perfect for topping all those morning smoothies, yoghurts and oat meals!
I’ve filmed the full recipe for you in a quick 3 minute video below. However, to quickly list what you’ll need:
- 340g rolled oats (I used 255g of rolled oats and 85g of quinoa oats)
- 120ml melted coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 120ml honey
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 50g per dried fruit/nuts/seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (optional)
Now press play to see the recipe!
If you have any questions, ideas or blog post requests please leave a comment below!
Here’s to eating more healthy, delicious brunch!